Cranham Scout Centre provides residential experiences, activity days, training and corporate days to over 4000 young people and adults every year. Understandably, this costs a lot of money and time throughout the year.
By supporting Cranham (either by fundraising, donating or volunteering) you help us continue to play a vital part in the community and improve the facilities we can provide.
There are many ways to help support Cranham Scout Centre:
Make a donation
Either a general donation or to one of our current projects:
Replace all of the 80 chairs in our main building (expected cost £800).Generously donated by Mike Stanley MBE
- Source additional harnesses and helmets for the tree climbing activity (expected cost £1,100).
- Replace, insulate and decorate the main dining room ceiling (expected cost £3,500).
- Install solar panels (expected cost £17,000).
- Install an electric, wood burning effect stove in our main hall (expected cost £1,000).
- Timber clad all porta-cabins (two are done, so only one to go – each costs about £2,500).
- Introduce a permanent equipped campsite (expected cost £3,000).
- Build a new, covered washing up area on the Top Field (expected cost £600).
Replace existing archery shelter with purpose built timber shelter, which also provide secure storage for activity equipment (expected cost £5,000). Replace existing air rifle shelter with purpose built timber shelter, which also provide secure storage for activity equipment (expected cost £3,500).
- Install a tunnelling system (expected cost £3,000).
- Install a 120 metre zip wire (expected cost £12,000)
- Replace all IT equipment (expected cost £5,000).
- Build a new timber office and reception cabin closer to the main car park (expected cost £12,000).
Leave a legacy
Please contact us to discuss this option.
Organise a fundraising event
To help with one of the above projects…
Sponsor a project
If you are able to, why not sponsor an aspect of our work. This could perhaps be the replacement of existing equipment, the improvement of an existing facility or coming and creating something brand new for us. All sponsors of Cranham Scout Centre will be listed on our website, and a suitable plaque will be added to whatever you have sponsored.
Donate useful materials
We can use:
- Good clean timber including sheet material (ply, chip or hardboard)
- Bricks, blocks, paving slabs, unused building materials, crushed hardcore
- Logs for burning (but no pallets)
- Catering equipment or camping equipment
- Wood chippings
To discuss any of the above options further please contact us on 01452 812309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.